Registered Nurse (RN) Coordinator Neuroscience Program
TriStar Skyline Medical Center is Tennessee's first comprehensive stroke center and a national leader in neuroscience. The facility is equipped with 233 beds and offers a full array of acute care services, including cardiology, oncology, orthopedics/spine, rehabilitation and emergency services. As an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, TriStar Skyline is a leading provider of emergency heart care. There are more than 400 physicians on staff, many of whom have offices located right next door in the TriStar Skyline Medical Plaza.
: Provides coordination and development of comprehensive stroke and neurological care
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of low and high risk neurological patients.
- Coordinates care for the neurological patient across the continuum, including stroke screening, education, follow up phone calls, support groups, and community outreach.
- Works collaboratively with EMS and post-hospital partners to improve stroke protocols and programs.
- Promotes customer service initiatives and provides a seamless positive patient experience.
- Makes daily clinical rounds to ensure compliance with core measures and evidence-based care. Incorporates service and patient perception of care into daily rounds/visits.
- Works collaboratively with quality management to monitor patient outcomes and improvement.
- Collaborates with nursing and physician leadership to provide real-time and structured education for staff.
- Assists in navigating patients/families through the acute hospitalization and transitions of care keeping them informed and educated appropriately.
- Coordinates stroke program with the multidisciplinary team (PT, OT, SP, pharmacy, social worker, case manager, and/or other team members) for optimal patient outcomes.
- Provides oversight for Joint Commission disease-specific certification for comprehensive stroke center.
- Provides support for growth of the neuroscience product line through program development.
Provides leadership and educational support for the clinical staff on stroke units.