Registered Nurse - PACU - PRN
Why We Like Working for Reston:
At our facility, we value teamwork and compassion across the spectrum of care. Click here to see what some of our team members have to say about being a part the HCA team.
Reston Hospital Center offers a full range of medical services, including 24-hour emergency care. Our 187-bed hospital specializes in maternal/child health, surgical services on both an inpatient and extensive outpatient basis, urological services including lithotripsy, cancer care with state-of-the-art radiation therapy, rehabilitation therapy programs and a wide array of diagnostic imaging capabilities. Reston Hospital Center is a certified Stroke Center, certified Total Joint Center and the only accredited Chest Pain Center in Northern Virginia. Reston Hospital is the only Hospital in Northern Virginia to receive Joint Commission designation as a Top Performer on Key Quality measures for 3 consecutive years. Reston Hospital Center was recognized in 2011, 2012 and 2013 for its performance on accountability measure data for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care. A caring organization, Reston Hospital Center is dedicated to enhancing the health and quality of life in our community.
Additional Information about our Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU):
- Types of patients seen include: Orthopedics (total joint and spine), Gastric Bypass, Gynecologic, Pediatrics, and Thoracic Surgery
- Level II Trauma Center
- Nurse to patient ratio 2:1
- 30-40 average patients seen daily
- Growth opportunities: Cross training, Clinical Ladder Program and Shared Governance Council
- Opportunity to work in a surgery department that works closely with other departments and focuses on team work
- Leaders on this unit have a passion for supporting nurses in reaching their professional goals and believe patients are first above all
12 hour shift between the hours of 8A - 11P
1 night per every 2 weeks and 1 weekend per month