Registered Nurse - RN - Emergency Services - Free Stand ED - FT Nights
Founded in 1967, Doctors Hospital of Sarasota is a 155-bed facility located in the heart of Sarasota County, Florida. Doctors Hospital of Sarasota (DHoS) is part of the HCA North/West Florida Division of Hospitals, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery and diagnostic imaging facilities, and a complete continuum of specialized healthcare programs that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses in North, West and Central Florida & Georgia communities. Our parent company, HCA, is the nations leading provider of healthcare services.
In addition to being named among the Top 100 in the nation by Thomson Reuters, Doctors Hospital received the Everest Award for being both a 100 Top Hospital current performance winner and one of the 100 most improved hospitals on their five-year trend performance. DHoS has also been repeatedly named among the Top 101 Hospitals with Great Orthopedic Programs by Beckers Hospital Review.
At DHoS, we utilize complete computerized charting (“Electronic Health Record”) for our patient assessment and care documentation. We also utilize eMAR, our electronic medication administration record for the delivery of all medications provided to our patients, which has significantly reduced errors associated when administering medications. In 2013, Doctors Hospital implemented our CPOE (Computerized Physician Order Entry) application called “Advanced Clinicals”.
As a Primary stroke Center and Award-winning Heart Care and Chest Pain Center, our Emergency Department
is equipped with 13 beds (Main ED beds Fast Track beds) to provide exceptional 24-hour emergency care for the patients we serve. We work closely with the countys EMS and Fire Crews and have Emergency Medicine Specialists on staff.
- Skill Mix: RNs and Paramedics (Full Time and PRN)
- Special Certifications Needed: ACLS, BLS, PALS (through the American Heart Association); current National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) certification required (available online at http://www.strokeassociation.org/); TNCC and ENPC preferred.
- Special Competencies/Skills Needed: Past experience in an acute care emergency department setting caring for critically ill patients.
- Schedules: 12-hour shifts (varied hours, 7-7, 9-9, 10-10,11-11); Full Time is considered 36 hours per week, including every other weekend
- Dress code: Tasteful scrubs (individual provides their own)
- Complete computerized charting through the Meditech system with specialized ED module specific to the department
- STEMI-receiving facility (currently exceeding national average
- Primary Stroke-receiving facility with the ability to administer thrombolytic therapy in the ED to directly improve patient outcomes
- Further information regarding the 24-hour Emergency Care provided at DHoS is available at: http://doctorsofsarasota.com/our-services/emergency-care.dot .
At HCA North, West, Central Floridas and Georgias 33 hospitals were not just caregivers, were devoted to caring. Located on the entire Gulf Coast of Florida, in Orlando and Georgia, were on a journey to reach new heights in service excellence for our patients. As an integral part of the nations largest healthcare system with more than 30,000 healthcare professionals on our team, we foster an environment where you will be supported, valued and encouraged to grow while experiencing the latest technology, enthusiastic coworkers and great benefits all in an upscale resort-like community.
Make excellence your goal by joining Doctors Hospital of Sarasota. To learn more and to apply, go to www.MoreCareerChoices.com.