Registered Nurse RN NICU - Nights
For more than 85 years, Wesley has helped welcome babies into the world. Wesley has been known as “The Baby Hospital” since opening Wichitas first “Mothers Room” in 1912. Our expertise has earned us a reputation as the premier hospital for obstetrical services, and is one of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas, delivering more than 500 babies per month -- more than any other hospital in our 13 state region.
With our 40 bed Level III NICU, Wesley Womens Hospital
is the regional referral center for high risk pregnancies. Wesleys BirthCare Center is a facility especially designed for women who are expecting a low-risk birth, and is located adjacent to the main facility.
- Delivers patient-centered nursing care in accordance with standards of care defined by Wesley Medical Center.
- Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice by participation in quality of care activities to initiate, implement, and sustain process improvements.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge in nursing practice and education.
- Monitors the patient's progress toward the attainment of outcomes.
- Contributes to the professional development of peers, colleagues and others.
- Collaborates with the patient, significant others and health care providers in providing and advocating for patient care.
- Considers safety and cost effectiveness when delivering patient care.
- Decisions and actions on behalf of patients are determined in an ethical manner.
- Participates in the improvement of operational functions of the department.
- Establishes and maintains effective and respectful communication in development of all collaborative relationships.
- Evaluates and participates in opportunities for outstanding service to all customers and accepts responsibility in partnership that is equally respectful to everyone.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply knowledge of age-appropriate competencies to department specific population.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking and problem solving skills to identify, interpret, and access appropriate resources in patient specific scenario(s).
- Secures, administers and handles medication according to established guidelines.