LPN Inpatient Rehab
Parham Doctors Hospital is a 200-bed acute-care facility serving Central Virginia and provides a broad range of services. Our hospital offers orthopedics, spine surgery, bariatric surgery, behavioral health, inpatient rehabilitation, emergency services, podiatry, sleep services, primary care, an occupational health and travel clinic, and outpatient surgery.
The Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit at Parham Doctors Hospital is seeking enthusiastic, proficient LPNs to join our rehabilitation team. This position provides an opportunity to work with the rehabilitation team including physicians, nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists, occupational therapists and case managers to guide patients through their recovery of strength and function. Patients spend ten to fourteen days with inpatient rehabilitation, allowing clinicians the opportunity to form relationships with patients and their families. Acute inpatient rehab hosts a variety of diagnoses including but not limited to Stroke, Brain Injury, Neurological conditions such as Parkinsons and Multiple Sclerosis, Multiple Trauma, Orthopedics, Pulmonary and Cardiac conditions. If you are interested in joining a high-energy team committed to providing patients skills necessary to reach their full potential while building a rewarding and challenging career, this is the job for you.
Click here to learn about our Inpatient Rehab Unit on Youtube:
Additional Information About the Unit :
• 36 bed Adult Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit Ages 17 and up
• Nurse to patient ratio is 1:5-6
• Average Length of Stay is 10-14 days
• PT, OT, SLP up to 3 hours a day 6 days a week
• Clinical Psychology
• Interdisciplinary team meets weekly to review progress, barriers to discharge, and discharge needs
• Clinical Nursing Leadership to support onboarding and facilitate growth of staff
• Team with employees ranging from new grads to 30 years of experience, fosters mentoring environment.
• Fosters professional growth through active Unit Practice Council, Career Ladder opportunities, supportive environment for continuing education and specialty certification as a Certified Rehabilitation Nurse.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
*1 Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to provide nursing care to the Rehab patient.
*2 Performs job tasks to ensure personal, patient, and departmental safety.
*3 Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers. Documents required information according to hospital policy.
*4 Functions in an organized and time conscious manner.
*5 Presents self in a professional manner.
*6 Initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/o significant others. Uses appropriate Patient Education documentation modality.