Registered Nurse (RN) Renal Care Unit (RCU) Nights *** Up to $10,000 Sign-On Bonus ***
- Contract Type
Henrico Doctors Hospital is a 340-bed community hospital offering a full range of healthcare services. We specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
Renal Care Unit (RCU) is a 12-bed (rising expansion to 16-bed) critical care step-down unit at Henrico Doctors Hospital specializing in the care of acute and chronic kidney patients. RCU cares for patients ranging from acute kidney injury, new start dialysis, kidney transplant, overloaded, peritoneal dialysis, or septic patients to any critical care telemetry patient. We run a 4:1 patient-to-nurse ratio with nurse tech support. The patients are connected to cardiac telemetry which are monitored by the RN. Renal Care is a fast-paced environment for RNs wanting to work three 12-hour shifts per week, who possess positive attitude, promotion of teamwork, and a willingness to learn. RCU welcomes new graduates who possess strong critical-thinking skills and an aptitude for learning. Current staff comprised of nurses with 18 years experience to new graduates, fostering a learning environment. We are looking for candidates with strong organization skills, ability to problem solve, and desire to work as a team. Visible Nurse Leaders support nurses to achieve their professional/educational goals, and follow current evidence based practice. Renal Care was awarded the PRIDE award as a unit which further exemplifies the outstanding nursing care given on this unit.
• Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
• Carries out physician orders.
• Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
• Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
• Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
• Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
• Instructs and educates patients and families.
More about the Renal Care Unit:
• The Renal Care unit is a twelve bed critical care step-down unit.
• Primary patient population consists of acute and chronic renal failure patients, new dialysis patients, and kidney transplant patients experiencing illness.
• We also care for medical patients with illnesses such as CHF and Pneumonia. All patients are on telemetry and monitored by the RN.
• Team-work and a positive attitude are attributes you will need to be successful on the Renal Care Unit.
• Family environment
• We welcome new RN graduates with strong critical thinking skills and an aptitude for learning.
• Day and Night Shifts available.