Registered Nurse RN Psychiatric Senior Adult Unit PRN
Research Psychiatric Center, Kansas City, MO
Registered Nurse (RN) -
Senior Adult Unit
At Research Psychiatric Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Research Psychiatric Center has provided comprehensive behavioral health services for more than 25 years to teenagers, adults and seniors dealing with emotional disorders, mental illness and substance abuse.
Are you looking for a place to make a difference with a healthcare system that offers the best resources to not only the community, but also its employees?
Working in geriatrics
gives nurses the opportunity to make a difference while working with other dedicated
and experienced professionals
The Senior Adult Unit is an 18 bed unit that offers a specific inpatient treatment program for the geriatric population. We strive to set a safe patient to nurse ratio to accommodate the units acuity and promote patient safety. We have rearranged our orientation process to help our new employees feel empowered and confident when they come to the floor. We recognize staff in several ways including using a program called Above All Else that allows public recognition and point awards for staff.
Top 3 reasons why employees love working in the Senior Adult Unit:
- Team work - Staff work together to ensure excellent patient care. We treat each other with respect and opinions are valued
- Support - The support from the supervisors and from co-workers is impressive. If a need is found our team immediately begins to work towards filling the need.
- Communication - No matter what time of the day or night if a issues arises someone on this team will take the time to ensure you are heard and try to follow through or up with the issue. We strive to inform the team.
About Research Psychiatric Center:
Our mental health programs offer a complete range of acute inpatient, day treatment and community based outpatient behavioral healthcare. Our professional staff includes psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers and licensed professional counselors, all with special training to care for people with mental, emotional or behavioral disorders. We are dedicated to helping our patients find their path to recovery through therapy, counseling and other treatment methods.
Our treatment plans are created to fit each patients individual health needs. Our 100 bed facility is fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and from the State of Missouri. All hospital based services include full psychiatric, psychosocial and medical evaluations.
Learn more about living in KC
Learn more about working at Research Psychiatric Center: http://researchpsychiatriccenter.com/about/
- The role of the Registered Nurse is to perform patient care under the direction of the Nurse Manager / Chief Nursing Officer.
- The Registered Nurse provides therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of the patient, and in support of the mission of Research Psychiatric Center.
- The Registered Nurse in the Senior Adult Unit provides care for the Adult population from 55 .