RN/Registered Nurse - OR
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL
1. Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the patient before, during and after a surgical procedure.
2. Provides nursing care to the patient undergoing surgical procedures.
3. Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
4. Participates in the care of patients receiving conscious sedation.
5. Carries out physician orders.
6. Administers prescribed medications, applies dressing, monitors vital signs.
7. Assists physician during procedures.
8. Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
9. Coordinates the operating room with respect to sterility, cleanliness, availability of functioning equipment and supplies.
10. Ensures the proper handling of specimens.
11. Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
12. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
13. Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
14. Orients and mentors new staff members.
15. Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.