Clinic RN-Pre/Post Surgery
CHI Franciscan Health has exciting and rewarding careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout the South Puget Sound. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
Our mission is to deliver high quality care that meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach — physical, emotional, and spiritual — is essential to healing the whole person. Come join our team!
- Provides care and support to patients under the direction of the physician and/or mid-level provider, specifically related to plastic and cosmetic surgery procedures.
- Contributes to the planning and delivery of patient focused care.
- Screens, communicates and responds to patient needs appropriately.
- Under supervision of the practitioner, inform patients of lab results, call in prescriptions to pharmacies and return practitioners’ phone messages. Addresses patient inquiries regarding plastic or cosmetic procedures within scope of authority.
- Delegates tasks to other caregivers as license permits.
- Greet and prepare patients for practitioner. Obtain medical history and photos and obtains appropriate before and after photo consent forms. Obtain and record vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, drug allergies, current medications. Anticipates the needs of the patient and the practitioner during the procedure. Prepares pre-op packets for surgery patients. Facilitate implant fittings as needed.
- Administer ordered medications via oral, subcutaneous, intramuscular or intradermal routes. Start intravenous lines and administer intravenous fluids with appropriate certification. Administer injectables, peels, tissue expansions. Conduct patient assessments.
- Provide thorough education to patient or family regarding plastic and cosmetic surgeries, procedures, pre-op, follow-up and referral information. Provide general health education within own level of expertise and as directed by practitioner and nurse supervisor.
- Documents all procedures and interactions in patient’s medical record.
- Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; keep patient exam rooms clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated items according to Franciscan Medical Group Exposure Control Plan; anticipate Practitioner's needs for medications, supplies and equipment and plan accordingly. Manages inventory and orders all supplies as needed.
- Assist with procedures to appropriate level of training and established procedures. Perform post-op care including dressing changes, drain and suture removal and patient photos. Delegates tasks to other caregivers as license permits.
Adheres to and exhibits our Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing approved by the WA State Board of Nursing required. BSN preferred.
- Within the last two- (2) years, one- (1) year of nursing experience in a clinic setting or two- (2) years of acute hospital nursing experience preferred.
- Current WA State license as RN required.
- CPR certification required
- Additional licensure requirements specific to plastic surgery as outlined by Washington State within 6 months of employment