RN Medical Floor (Experienced) - FT, 6:45am - 7:15pm
Shift: 6:45am - 7:15pm, includes every other weekend
Under the direction of the Clinical Coordinator, the Registered Nurse (Experienced) performs duties by applying professional nursing theory and principles, and utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care given to patients. Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary health care team in providing patient care. Demonstrates clinical, organizational and communication skills in dealing with patients, families and other health care workers.
- Observes, collects, and records data related to patient’s biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, and self-care ability, as well as educational and discharge planning needs.
- Analyzes assessment data to formulate a nursing diagnosis and to provide the basis for planning timely and effective nursing interviews.
- Implements an age appropriate plan of care in conjunction with the physician, patient, patient’s family, and/or significant other, and other members of the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Documents and utilizes patient data to measure progress toward attainment of patient outcomes and patient goals.
- Identifies the learning needs of the patient and/or significant other and initiates measures to meet those needs within the patient’s assessed learning abilities.
- Incorporates patient’s individual social, emotional, and cultural needs into the planning and teaching process.
- Involves patient and significant others in education and decision making process related to patient’s care.
- Administers medication according to hospital policies/procedures to ensure patient safety.
- Provides for and follows precautions to ensure patient safety related to fall prevention.
- Ensures that equipment is available, in proper place, and maintained in working condition.
- Utilizes universal precautions in performing daily work. Utilizes safety equipment in accordance with hospital policies to ensure own and co-workers’ safety needs.
- Coordinates care given by other disciplines to ensure that the patient’s care needs are met and progress toward goals is attained.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.