RN - Emergency
The 115-bed hospital is a level IV trauma center, state of the art Emergency department within the last 5 years. Our Emergency Department has 32 beds divided into pods with 2 trauma bays. We serve a diverse population to include stroke and cardiac certified, 23% pediatrics. Assignments are based on acuity, our RN ratios are 3:1 or 4:1 with Emergency Room Tech support. We are most proud of our high diversity, community oriented teamwork and the quality of care we deliver to our patients.
What We Have To Offer To You:
• The opportunity to work as a member of an excellent team that treats a variety of patients, including stroke center and cardiac center patients.
• De-escalation training
• 8, 10 and 12-hour shift options
• No on-call time required
• Financial support for specialty certifications
• Tuition assistance for advanced degrees
• Opportunities for career growth within the growing and highly successful CHI Franciscan Health system
• Competitive wages, incentives and a generous employee benefits program
You will be responsible for providing care for emergency patients presenting with a wide variety of medical conditions across a diverse population. This work includes assessing, stabilizing, and managing patients with varying acuity and conditions, from minor/non urgent to critical/emergent.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor of Science in Nursing is preferred
• One year of related work experience is preferred
• Current State Licensure as a Registered Nurse is required
• Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
• Completion of Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum (TNCC) within 12 months of hire
• National Institutes of Health Strokes Scale (NIHSS) certification within 6 months of hire.
• Emergency Nurse Pediatric Certification (ENPC) or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within 12 months of hire.
• Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) and Certified Emergency Nurse certification are preferred.