RN - Special Care Nursery - Full Time Days
This position is responsible for serving as the primary Registered Nurse delivering care to women who are admitted to the Family Birth Center. This patient population may include low-risk and high-risk pregnancies.
Conducts Maternal-Fetal Assessment.
Provides nursing support to the laboring patients, utilizing pharmacological and non-pharmacological pain management.
Provides stabilization and transition of the normal newborn at delivery.
Circulates and scrubs for Cesarean Sections.
Cares for the post-surgical patient.
Assists the anesthesiologist with insertion of an epidural and provides care to the patient with regional anesthesia.
Provides care to the High-Risk maternity patient.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, BSN degree is preferred.
- Minimum 6 months previous RN experience required.
- One year of related work experience in an acute care setting is preferred.
- Previous recent Labor and Delivery Experience is preferred, or One to two years Med/Surg experience with completion of Mother/Baby Education program.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse issued by the Washington State Board of Nursing.
- Current Healthcare BLS Certification.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) completion within 6 months of date of hire. National Certification Corporation (NCC) or American Nurses Credentialing Center certification preferred.