Clinic Cardio RN- Heart and Vascular Associates
Our mission is to deliver high quality care that meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach — physical, emotional, and spiritual — is essential to healing the whole person. Come join our team!
This job is responsible for providing professional nursing services which focus on the provision of quality patient care for cardiac patients in an ambulatory setting consistent with CHI Franciscan Health (CHI-FH) standards/values, applicable regulatory requirements and Franciscan Medical Group (FMG) Scope of Practice policy. An incumbent is engaged in the direct care of cardiac patients within scope of RN licensure, including assessing, coordinating, triaging, evaluating and delegating work to members of the patient care team, and for providing specialized cardiac-related consultation and education to patients/families with regard to pending procedures and ongoing disease management.
- Administers cardiovascular and pharmacological stress tests with the use of imaging modalities and IV therapy as appropriate; interprets EKG findings in accordance with standard protocols.
- Completes cardiac risk assessment forms in response to requests from internal/external providers for cardiac clearance for new/additional clinical/diagnostic tests/protocols; forwards assessments to Cardiologist for final determination.
- Reviews protocols established for each procedure/study and provides patient with specifically-tailored training/information based on unique patient medical history and physician-specific protocols.
- As initial point of patient contact, performs nursing triage activities based on direct patient contact or via phone within scope of licensure; independently triages cardiac patients/situations in accordance with standing orders/protocols; addresses more complex, urgent or emergent situations escalated from other clinic staff.
- Documents studies, procedures, and interactions in patient’s electronic medical record in accordance with established procedures; enters, pends and signs orders as appropriate.
- Adheres to and exhibits our Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing approved by the Washington State Board of Nursing and two years of related work experience that would demonstrate attainment of the requisite job knowledge/abilities. Work experience in a cardiology-related field is preferred.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse by the Washington State Board of Nursing.
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.