Opportunity to provide hands-on direction of multiple system-wide educational and clinical competency programs!
CHI Franciscan Health has exciting and rewarding careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals, health care services, and
medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout the South Puget Sound. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest
not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
Our mission is to deliver high quality care that meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their
families. We believe this three-part approach — physical, emotional, and spiritual — is essential to healing the whole person. Come join our team!
- Coordinates and develops education and training activities in a nursing specialty or sub-specialty as well as supporting system-wide learning initiatives. An incumbent enhances the quality and cost-effectiveness of patient care by providing educational support to nursing staff and others in collaboration with medical staff, department directors, and Education Services.
- Work requires professional nursing expertise in a nursing specialty or sub-specialty and a thorough understanding of clinical nursing practices and standards in order to develop and provide clinical nursing education programs and to display credibility to clinical audiences, including RNs, Clinical Technicians, and other nursing staff. Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of adult education is also required.
- Conducts needs analyses to identify immediate/future education needs and develops education/training programs designed to meet identified learning needs and comply with city, county, state, federal and The Joint Commission guidelines as applicable.
- Conducts and evaluates education/training programs/activities provided to ensure they are consistent with meet identified learning needs, including classroom training.
- Develops consistent standards and processes for education at facilities within the clinical specialty; consults with stakeholders to facilitate consistent
- implementation and provides consultation to make consistent processes and standards for education at all facilities within the clinical specialty.
- Participates in the development, revision, and update of both clinical and educational department-specific policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Supports the education department’s quality improvement initiatives and incorporates quality improvement techniques into work performance
- Adheres to and exhibits our Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence.
Education/Work Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, and three years of RN nursing work experience in the designated specialty area that demonstrates the attainment of the requisite job knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Previous work experience in the education/training of healthcare providers is strongly preferred.
- Master’s degree in a related field is strongly preferred.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse by the Washington State Board of Nursing.
- Current healthcare provider BLS certification.
- Certification or history of certification in nursing specialty or staff development preferred.