RN - Charge Clinical Decision Unit - Full Time Nights
RN Charge serves as a leader and clinical resource to staff under the direction of nursing leadership. Collaborates with the primary RN or team leader to ensure the planning and delivery of quality patient care in partnership with physician, interdisciplinary team and patient/family. Acts as a role model, demonstrating technical/clinical competence consistent with the needs of staff and the patient population served. Assists staff with problem solving and decision making.
- Oversees clinical operations to include: coordination of assignments, delegation of tasks, provision of clinical care, patient placement, unit and patient flow.
- Aligns staffing with productivity-based Staffing Matrix to include requesting resources based on patient need and flexing staff based on census and workload fluctuations.
- Prepares assignments considering patient acuity and staff skill mix/competency; ensures timely posting of Staffing Plan; assigns and/or ensures staff are provided with rest and meal breaks.
- Monitors and oversees Sitter usage in assigned area.
- Serves as the first point of contact in the department chain of command during the shift for staff’s clinical needs, investigation of complaints, service recovery and completion of incident reports; ensures management is apprised of concerns and incidents.
- Coordinates care, collaborating and communicating effectively with the inter-disciplinary team.
- Maintains and applies knowledge of quality and SafetyFirst-related initiatives and requirements.
- Serves as mentor to develop and coach orientees and experienced staff; demonstrates skill in conflict management.
- Contributes to the development and evaluation of staff competency; provides objective feedback to assist with staff performance throughout the review cycle.
- Assists with monitoring of regulatory and auditing requirements.
Two years of experience in the clinical specialty within the last three years preferred.
Prefer previous charge nurse experience.
Current licensure as a Registered Nurse issued by the Washington State Board of Nursing.
Current Healthcare BLS Certification.
Specialty certification preferred.