Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - EP Lab
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Electrophysiology Lab (EP Lab)
Full time or part time. We will consider an fte between 0.6 to 1.0.
8 or 10 hour shifts.
Virginia Mason Medical Center in Seattle, Washington is recruiting an advanced practitioner to join our Electrophysiology team.
- Assisting electrophysiology physicians in management of both outpatient and inpatient populations being referred for Electrophysiology procedures including device implantation and EP evaluation with mapping and ablation for supraventricular and ventricular tachyarrhythmia's.
- Role is 50% procedural (obtaining vascular access, manipulation of catheters under EP physician guidance, and use of intracardiac program stimulation during EP studies and ablations) and 50% periprocedural management in the hospital (admission H&P, documenting procedure notes, writing post procedural orders, rounding and patient teaching, as well as discharge management in collaboration with EP physicians).
- No call or weekend responsibilities
- Opportunity to participate in clinical research
- Work in an accredited EP lab staffed with all RN staff who have a broad range of critical care and EP experience
With numerous awards and distinctions, including our recognition as Top Hospital of the Decade by The Leapfrog Group, Virginia Mason has transformed health care through our innovations in patient safety and our ability to provide patients in our community with easier access to our high-quality care. Consisting of a 336-bed hospital in Seattle, WA, and an extensive network of primary and specialty care clinics throughout the Puget Sound region, joining Virginia Mason is an exceptional opportunity to partner with nationally recognized physicians and peers, and an organization recognized as the benchmark for health care.
As a member of our team, you will contribute to the strength of our Team Medicine approach to collaborative medicine. You will also help to further our commitment to continuous improvement through our Virginia Mason Production System, and our philosophy of empowering you to facilitate real change in the delivery of care. Join us, and find out how many ways Virginia Mason offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - your patients.
The Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) - Procedural acts as a licensed mid-level practitioner, allocating time in specialty area (e.g., cardiology) by assisting with surgeries or procedures, serving as consulting clinician in the hospital, and/or triaging and treating patients who present to the clinic and/or the Emergency Department.
- Washington State Registered Nurse License and an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner License are required for this job.
- Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and National Provider Identifier (NPI) numbers may be required depending on the position, as well as prescriptive authority.
- An advanced degree in nursing including the knowledge, competence, skill and ability related to general and specialty specific anatomy and physiology, diagnosis and treatment, pharmacology and related areas of practice.
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- EP Lab experience highly preferred.
- Ability to work within a cohesive team of physicians, advanced providers, and RN's who value each other's contribution in enhancing the patient experience.
Certification by specialty area as well as work experience in specialty area may be required, depending on the position.
Virginia Mason offers much more than competitive compensation and benefits. With continuing education opportunities and the added potential of relocation assistance, you will find our commitment to your well-being is both rewarding and refreshing.
There is also the lifestyle benefit that comes with finding yourself in the heart of the Pacific Northwest. Surrounded by the vibrancy and sophistication of one of the most livable cities in the country, finding the perfect urban or outdoor pursuit will instinctively and pleasurably become second nature.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.