- Responsible for care of patients on unit.
- Assess changes in patient conditions.
- Medicate PRN, according to standing orders.
- Telephone and initial screening of all patients for admission, obtaining an as medically accurate history as possible.
- Keep accurate nursing notes describing patients' physical conditions and activities.
- Record all medications.
- Supervision of orderlies.
- Narcotic count at beginning and end of shift.
- Thorough and accurate report of patients' status to be given to oncoming shift.
- Report unusual events to Director of Nurses, Director or Assistant Director.
- Observe for signs and symptoms of medication toxicity in the dually diagnosed.
- Observe for signs and symptoms of psychiatric decompensation in the dually diagnosed.
- Condition checks every hour and more frequently as required in the disorganized and suicidal client.
- Set appropriate limits with special attention to the severely disorganized client.
- Participate in ongoing discharge planning with counseling staff and administrators.
- Massachusetts registration or license.
- Experience involving acute admissions on either a medical, surgical or emergency service preferred.
- Prior substance abuse experience preferred.
- Will train New Grads.
Apply for Staff Nurse
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly