Grad RN HCA Nurse Residency 2018 (Medical Surgical Orthopedic Unit)
Come and join our
2018 HCA Nurse Residency Program!
Nurse Graduate Testimonial:
I have been with John Randolph Medical Center for 12 years and I stay on this unit because this is the best team I have ever worked with. We are a family here, a backyard community, and nurse graduates on our unit are eagerly welcomed and supported by our team who is willing and ready to teach!
Ashley Johnson, Director
John Randolph Medical Center
, a 147-bed acute care facility, is located in the historic, riverfront city of Hopewell, VA. John Randolph is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortunes 100
, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
John Randolph Medical Center currently holds a Leapfrog Group “A” Patient Safety Score
. Among other awards and certifications, the Joint Commission has awarded us the advanced primary stroke care center, acute myocardial infarction, joint replacement, and Top Performer on Key Quality Measures. Additionally, weve been awarded the Gold Seal of Approval
from The Joint Commission for excellence in total hip and knee programs.
HCA Nurse Residency Program (Medical Surgical Orthopedic Unit)
(12 weeks total):
- The StaRN Program is primarily designed to provide the graduate nurse with the tools necessary to succeed in todays hospital environment.
- It will help the graduate nurse transition out of the classroom setting onto the unit by providing the following training:
- 5 weeks classroom, self-study, skills & simulations
- 7 weeks preceptorship on the Medical Surgical Orthopedic Unit
- Certification achieved:
ECG, TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, CPI
After StaRN, the graduate nurse will transition to our Professional Development Residency
- 9 month program factored into your full time position on the Medical Surgical Orthopedic Unit
- Obtain Charge Nurse and Preceptor skills
- Partnered with a mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (4 hours a month)
- Your project could get reviewed by corporate for further recognition
Additional Information about Our Medical Surgical Orthopedic Unit:
12 private beds
Patient population: Adult orthopedic and some medical overflow
Nurse/patient ratio: 1:4 with CNA support
This unit provides the nurse graduate, among other things, the foundational nursing skills to be successful on any unit and offers continued education by requiring PALS certification (included in StaRN) and oncology chemotherapy certification, while also supporting additional educational goals.
Check us out and like us on Facebook!
Cohort Start Dates:
*Apply Today! Limited slots available.*