Performance Improvement Coordinator (RN) - Trauma
Skyline Medical Center
- Nashville, TN
Coordinator (RN) - Trauma
Skyline Medical Center is Tennessees first comprehensive stroke center and a
national leader in Neuroscience and a designated Level II Trauma Center. We are equipped to handle the most critical emergencies from motor vehicle accidents to falls, we stand ready to help patients from all over Middle Tennessee and Southern Kentucky. The
facility is equipped with 233 beds and offers a full array of acute care
Our Trauma Intensive Care Unit plays a critical role in caring for those in a 57 counties in Tennessee and an additional 47 counties in Kentucky as well as aiding 71 unique healthcare partners around the region in the management of severely injured or critically ill patients. Our Trauma program is heavily supported and focused on building our healthcare partners around the region. With traumatic injury, saving time is crucial. Come join a team and work with a director that is focused on developing best practices in healthcare that impact the likelihood of patient survival.
Skyline Medical Center
is currently looking for a Performance Improvement Coordinator (RN) - Trauma
Nurse Coordinator is expected to provide leadership in the Performance
Improvement methodologies associated with the care of trauma patients. Responsibilities include, but are not limited
to, the following areas of competency
- Acts as a resource to staff and assists in problem solving relating to the care of the trauma patient.
- Participates in daily rounds with the Trauma Medical Director for the hospitalized trauma patient.
- Assists Trauma Medical Director in coordinating care with the attending physicians, consulting physicians, rehabilitation staff, dietician, and nursing.
- Shares on-call responsibilities with the Director of Trauma Services as needed.
- Assists in the collection of trauma patient data and management of the Trauma Registry and required reporting.
- Demonstrates performance improvement skills. Reviews patient charts and other sources for data collection as assigned by Director of Trauma or Trauma Medical for trauma PI development. Monitors care for complications, compliance of state audit filters and standards of care.
- Organize and manage the data collection for PI, utilizing national benchmarks to develop attainable goals for the trauma program. Evaluates standards, protocols, and procedures based on current medical and nursing research findings. Collaborates in multidisciplinary education and/or PI when appropriate.
- Collects, analyzes and reports on patient outcomes, QI Indicators and variance data to improve trauma patient care process and outcomes
- Responds to trauma alert pages when available to provide support and evaluate effectiveness of trauma resuscitation process. Initiate process improvement recommendations to optimize patient quality of care
- Coordinates flow of quality improvement data to all stakeholders
- In conjunction with the Director of Trauma Services, acts as a liaison for the hospital and the trauma program with community, local, regional, and state agencies involved in the care of the trauma patient.
- Compiles data and report for monthly Quality Improvement Committee review of all trauma cases. Participates in the monthly Trauma QA meeting review of all deaths and complications.
- Accepts responsibility for being a resource for designated clinical expertise through mentoring, precepting, unit rounds, in-services, staff meetings and informal opportunities.
- Completes concurrent review of cases to identify quality, timelines and systems of care to meet state standards. Takes leadership role in the preparation for DOH designation site visits