Float Center Manager (RN)
|Satellite Healthcare is a successful, nonprofit organization that has improved the lives of people living with kidney disease since 1973. We earn our national reputation for excellent patient care each day by offering a complete range of dialysis therapy
choices, personalized clinical services, and unparalleled wellness education.
Satellite Healthcare provides expert, personalized kidney care at over 80 centers across the U.S. as well as at acute dialysis locations in California and Texas. Learn more about Satellite Healthcare at
The Float Center Manager (Float CM) floats to various centers as needed to ensure center leadership is uninterrupted when there are management staffing shortages. This role is an integral part of the team and proactively addresses potential patient and/or
staff issues across multiple modalities to include Chronic, Home Therapies and Acutes.
The Float Center Manager mentors staff members as appropriate and ensures the quality assessment and performance improvement (QAPI) program is maintained. This position also provides nursing support services to the center for unscheduled absences or for patient
care, as needed. This component of the job is variable and will be defined in conjunction with the Territory Director.
The Float Center Manager maintains adherence to all duties and functions identified in the job description for Clinical Nurse Manager.
The essential functions listed are not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. All employees must work in accordance with Satellite’s I-CARE Standards. Employees must abide
by all Satellite’s standards of patient care, patient’s rights and ethical treatment, and adhere to safety and quality programs.
• Provides center leadership on a temporary basis for all employees within the assigned center or program
• Develops mastery of clinical skills in numerous clinical settings and participates in multiple learning opportunities while completing cross training
• Maintains clinical competence in at least two of three modalities (Chronic, Home Therapies and Acutes)
• Floats to assigned centers as needed
• Reference Center Manager description for additional essential functions
Education: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing or equivalent, BSN preferred
License/Certifications: RN currently licensed in the state of practice or in accordance with the applicable state’s Board of Nursing rules for the Nursing Licensure Compact (NCL); CNN or CDN certification preferred
• Two (2) years of clinical management experience or two (2) years of Satellite Clinical Nurse Coordinator experience
• Three (3) years hemodialysis nursing experience minimum
California, Indiana, Illinois:
• One (1) year hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis experience required, 3 years preferred
• Three (3) months experience in training patients in self-care for both PD & HHD
• Three (3) years of current experience in hemodialysis or two (2) years of experience as an RN and current certification from the Nephrology Nursing Certification Council as a Certified Dialysis Nurse or a Certified Nephrology Nurse
• One (1) year of management or supervisory experience in a health related setting
• At least three (3) months experience in both peritoneal dialysis and home hemodialysis
Texas centers with a DADS license only:
• Complete the initial educational training requirements as listed in the Satellite Education Policy (ED.09.101) specific to the Texas DADS licensure requirements
• Fulfill the continuing education requirements as listed in Satellite Education Policy (ED.09.101) specific to the Texas DADS licensure requirements
• One (1) year of fulltime experience as supervisor or manager in a dialysis setting within the last 24 months
• Three (3) months experience in both PD & HHD
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Must be able to independently travel to assigned locations
• Must have a flexible schedule Monday-Saturday and be available to work all shifts, including nocturnal, weekends and holidays
• Ability to assess, troubleshoot and make sound recommendations in stressful situations
• Ability to thrive in an environment that is constantly changing and will face new challenges head-on
• Ability to multi-task, have great time management skills and can prioritize responsibilities
• Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required; functional proficiency in all computer systems of Satellite Healthcare within 90 days of hire
• Reference Center Manager description for additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of assignments between centers