F/T Faculty: Medical-Surgical Nursing-reposted
Department: Nurse Education Department
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Feb 02, '18
Ref No.: FAC
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at three satellite locations in the Greater Boston area. Recently re-certified as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream, BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. The College offers more than 100 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Sixty-seven percent of students are people of color and more than 50 percent are women.
We are looking for individuals aligned with our institutional values of access and success, excellence and innovation, economic and social justice, inclusiveness and equity, civic engagement and service, kindness and respect, and accountability and transparency. Individuals with a dedication to a dynamic educational environment, investment in the social and economic well-being of all, and belief in student-centered learning in an engaging, supportive environment are sought to fill the following position.
Living in Boston
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America. Twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offer more than 600,000 residents the opportunity to taste, touch, and experience things from all over the world. Neighbors benefit from exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, and a solid network of parks, community centers, and libraries. For more information about Boston go to: http://www.cityofboston.gov/residents.
Full-time faculty position available in the following discipline:
- Medical/Surgical Nursing
Primarily responsible for instructional preparation and teaching of nursing courses offered at the Associate Degree level in the classroom, clinical, and laboratory settings.
- Provide didactic and clinical instruction to nursing students in Medical/Surgical Nursing
- Evaluate student performance in the classroom and clinical setting.
- Utilize a variety of appropriate teaching strategies to promote students' critical thinking
- Teach in learning communities and engage students in community service.
- Develop instructional material consistent with course objectives.
- Participate in determining appropriate goals and objectives of nursing course and assist in developing course standards.
- Use new simulations and computer technologies in the classroom, as appropriate, to facilitate learning.
- Actively participate in on-going professional development.
- Actively engage in the development, implementation and evaluation of all components of the systematic program evaluation.
- Maintain expertise and currency in the area of teaching responsibility.
- Comply with the duties as stipulated in the Massachusetts Community College Council Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Minimum of a Master's degree in Nursing and current licensure or eligibility to practice as a Registered Nurse in good standing in Massachusetts
- Minimum of five years full-time experience in Nursing or its equivalent within the last eight years
- Two years full time teaching experience in a registered nurse program preferred, with background sufficient to teach theoretical and clinical content in medical surgical nursing and/or maternity
- Community college teaching experience preferred
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
Full-time Tenure Track Faculty Requirements: BHCC seeks full-time faculty who demonstrate a passion for teaching and a desire to join faculty and staff to expand and create new strategies for student success. Faculty must be experienced in teaching in learning communities or willing to become proficient in learning community pedagogy and practice once hired, as well as be adept in the assessment of learning outcomes and in the use of technology in the classroom. Candidates should be passionate educators who can facilitate the needs of diverse 21st century learners. Additionally, BHCC seeks faculty who value advising students and wish to contribute fully to the life of the College. Faculty may be assigned courses at one or more of the College's locations. Ability to instruct online is a plus. Further, applicants must have proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
Letters of application should address the above requirements as well as qualifications for this position.
Salary Range: $60,000.00-$64,000.00. Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education and Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Relocation Stipend May Be Available.
Effective Date: Spring semester, 2018. To Ensure Consideration Application Materials Must Be Received By February 22, 2018.
Submit a Cover Letter Addressing the Required Qualifications, Resume and Contact Information for 3 References through the URL: https://bhcc.interviewexchange.com. Please make sure you fill out the online application. Fax transcript files over 2MB's to (617)-228-3328.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/5sygd48d5krpn4sb