Join our team as the Research Nurse, Part-Time, Per Diem!
**Competitive Pay for evenings and weekends**
The Research Nurse (RN) will join a team dedicated to supporting clinical researchers across USC schools. Assists investigators and their research teams in conducting clinical research while adhering to good clinical practices, patient care standards as well as institutional policies and procedures. Provides a range of study-related services at the highest professional level of nursing standards. Supports all phases of research studies ranging from participant recruitment, assessment, treatment, data collection, and follow-up for enrolled patients. Provides input to principal investigators, staff nurses and patients that effects clinical research studies from the initial protocol design to completion of study. Participates in problem solving to provide solutions to any operational impediments and develop new strategies to improve execution of research. Provides technical support and guidance to other nurses and coordinators in the care of patients. This role will have the opportunity to work on studies of varying disease types.
- 2 years directly applicable experience
- Specialty in oncology preferred
- Current California Registered Nurse License
- Current CPR certification
- Clinical research experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with patients and their families, other medical staff and administrative personnel
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) and GCP a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proactive Team player interested in helping research teams troubleshoot problems