NYS Office for People with Developmental Disabilities-NYC, NY
Contract Registered Nurse 04/01 - 03/31/2020
Shifts: All Shifts Available
24/7 Long term care facility
A. Provide skilled nursing care to patients requiring professional nursing services.
B. Assess, plans and implements client care by following Plan of Care or Doctor's orders. Doctor's orders may consist of:
- Dressing changes
- Insertion and irrigation of urinary catheters
- Oxygen administration by mask or cannula.
- Tracheostomy care and endotracheal suctioning
- Gastrostomy tube feedings
- Gastrostomy/Jejunum tube medication and flushes.
- SQ or 1M injections
- Insulin administration
- Obtain Specimens
- Nephrostomy tube flushes
- Colostomy care and/or irrigation
- Administers CPR and other emergency procedures as necessary.
- Provide staff training and in-services
C. Tube feeding via gastrostomy or jejunal tube observation as explained in Exhibit B.
D. Tracheal Suctioning Clinical Competency as explained in Exhibit
E. RN's may have to take the role of staff development nurse and nurses who perform episodic nurse duties in times of need.
F. RN's may need to step in and perform LPN duties when needed.
G. RN's need to Supervise all LPN's clinically.
H. There is a need for short term/short time nursing that would come under private duty nursing or visiting nurses. These nurses would perform specialized services such as Diabetes Care (injection of insulin), wound care (complex wounds/wound VAC/pressure ulcers), Tube feedings, Trach care and many short-term services that take a few hours or less.
I. Completes all nursing tasks in a comprehensive and timely manner:
- Completes assignments in an efficient manner and consistent with the time frames allotted.
- Provides back up nursing coverage when primary nurse is off duty and contacts the home(s) to determine health care needs at least weekly.
- Maintains a current Nursing Policy and Procedure Manual; ensures its accessibility to staff within assigned homes.
- Maintains certification in CPR.
- Maintains current RN license.
- Maintains certification in Infection Control for Health Care Workers.
Staff are required 7 days a week around the clock.
o 441 East 119th Street, New York, NY 10035
o 979 Aldus Street, Bronx, NY 10459
o 1327-33 Prospect Ave., Bronx, NY 10456
o 570 Union Ave., Bronx, NY 10455
Apply for Registered Nurse
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly