Nurse Practitioner (Nephrology)
The duties of the Nurse Practitioner include:
* Provide primary care to adults seeking treatment for chronic dialysis unit and in the renal clinic.
* Provide assessment, diagnosis, treatment and outcome measures of healthcare problems.
* Initiate and adjust therapeutic regimens.
* Perform histories and physicals.
* Order diagnostic and therapeutic tests/studies.
* Initiate consults and referrals and prescribing medications/supplies.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal safety precautions while working in an office/clinic or inpatient unit type environment, which is well lighted, clean and does not present hazards to personal safety. There may be occasional risk of physical harm, which requires special precautions and training. The incumbent may be exposed to infectious diseases and medical/psychiatric emergencies.
Work Schedule: 8:00a - 4:30p, Shift may include rotating weekends and holidays
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
* Graduated from school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State agency,and accredited by an approved accrediting body (NLNAC, CCNE) at the time the program was completed by the applicant. Foreign graduates must have a CGFNS Certificate in order to receive credit as a BSN.
* Current,full, active and unrestricted registration as a registered nurse in a State,Territory, or Commonwealth (i.e. Puerto Rico) of the U.S. or in the District of Columbia. (You must include your registration number and expiration date with your submitted application documents).
* Proficient in spoken and written English as required by 38 U.S.C.402(d) and 7407(d).
* Licensed or otherwise recognized as a nurse practitioner in a State, possess a master's degree from a program accredited by the NLNAC or CCNE, and maintain full and current certification as a nurse practitioner from the American Nurses Association or another nationally recognized certifying body. (Certification must be in the specialty to which the individual is being appointed or selected.)
GRADE DETERMINATION: Applicant's education and length of nursing practice (experience) will be considered by a Nurse Professional Standards Board in determining the grade and salary of the applicant selected. Experience as a Nurse will be evaluated to determine if the experience is of an acceptable level of quality with regard to the following four dimensions of nursing: Practice, Professional Development, Collaboration and Scientific Inquiry. Each dimension of practice has criteria that demonstrate essential core competencies for VHA Nursing Personnel. The criteria are as follows: Practice: practice, ethics and resource utilization; Professional Development: performance, education/career development; Collaboration; collaboration, collegiality; Scientific Inquiry: quality of care, research.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs(e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
- VA 2850a; Licenses
* CV or Resume - include: contact information; descriptions of jobs, including name and address of employer, job title, beginning and ending date (month/year) of employment, average hours worked per week, and supervisor's name and phone number; education,including name and location of college, dates attended, and type and date of degree earned; and other information, such as licenses, certificates, etc.Descriptions of duties must sufficiently detail the level of the experience. If the position is (was) with the Federal government, either military or civilian,state series and grade or pay grade (rank) and date of last promotion.
* Copy of Unofficial Transcripts (required)
* Copy of License (required)
* VA Form 10-2850A - Application for Nurses and Nurse Anesthetists (Available at http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850a-fill.pdf ). **
* Optional Form 306 - Declaration for Federal Employment (Available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf). **
* If currently employed in the federal system, include latest SF-50 -Notification of Personnel Action. (required).
* If prior military service,include all copies of your DD Forms 214 (required). Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must also complete and submit an SF-15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference (available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf).
** VA Form 10-2850a and OF-306 are required if selected and will delay processing if not provided with your application.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: The selecting official for this position is not allowed access to your electronic OPF which is why it is required for you to submit a thorough and complete resume to include all of your relevant work information (i.e. starting and ending dates of employment, hours worked, duties, etc). The resume you provide through this application process is forwarded to the selecting official. It is highly recommended that you use the resume builder in USAJOBS as it contains all of the information we need to determine whether or not you are qualified for this position. Failure to provide a resume and all the documents requested in the announcement may render you not qualified for the position you are applying for.
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), etc.
- Cover Letter
- VA 2850a; Licenses
- Disability Letter