Emergency Room Nights Weekend Plan
Job Title : Emergency Room Nurse. Guaranteed Hours when you work with our amazing Swedish ED Team . Cross train to our Level 1 Trauma Center and our Belmar ED in Lakewood .
Hospital Swedish Free Standing Emergency Department.
Address 6196 S Ammons Way, Littleton, CO 80123.
Required Two years current ED experience , TNCC and PALs.
The Emergency Department RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available resources.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Assists physician during examination, treatment and procedures.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.