Patient Sitter PRN/ Per Diem
Putnam Community Medical Center
, a 99-bed, acute care facility, located at 611 Zeagler Drive, in Palatka, provides the latest technology with the assurance of highly trained, caring professionals to the residents of Putnam County. The hospital serves North Central Florida with a full complement of quality healthcare services while maintaining cost-effectiveness.
The hospital provides individualized care directed to the specific needs of each patient. Putnam Community Medical Center offers a 10-bed Intensive/Critical Care Unit, Step-Down Care Unit, Cardiac Cath Lab, medical and surgical units, family birthplace center, and a 24-hour emergency department. We also provide inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services.
- Support PCMCs hallmarks of service excellence and quality for all job responsibilities
- Under the supervision of an RN, provides close observation of patients. Assists in the provision of a safe and clean environment. Promotes the therapeutic care and the efficiency of the nursing team. Provides assistance with activities of daily living, unless the patient needs are such that adverse health consequences are predictable.
- Consistently deliver the best in customer service and patient care. As a team member, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with patients, families, visitors and other employees
- Champion PCMCs mission, vision and values; comply with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company
- Obtains verbal report from the patients nurse to include information regarding the patients identified care needs, diagnosis, visual, auditory, or language barriers, as well as any special consideration (NPO, bed alarms, etc.).
- Positions self in patient room at bedside to maintain constant visual observation of the patient. Never leaves the patient alone or out of sight unless specifically instructed by the nurse.
- Obtains instruction from nurse regarding ambulation limitations and course of action for redirection of patient if needed.
- May not transport patient for testing and procedures off the unit but must accompany and remain within arms length of patient unless otherwise directed by the person performing the test or procedure.
- Observant of the patients activity and behavior and communicates on a regular basis to the nurse. Receives direction from the nurse re: what to report, to whom, and how.
- Provides for patient comfort, safety, and satisfaction. Maintains patient environment in a safe and orderly manner.
- Functions cooperatively as a team member. Responds as directed by responsible nurse to changing patients'/unit's needs. During a patient or environmental emergency, may serve as a runner or transport patients as directed.
- Communicates in a professional manner and demonstrates respect for patient, families/significant other and other health care members.
- Offers support and feedback to peers and staff. Applies principles of caring and healing in interactions with patients and families and with colleagues.
- Accurately and legibly records data collected and notifies RN of any untoward events, i.e., behavioral changes, violent behavior, etc.
- Maintains the privacy and security of all confidential and protected health information. Uses and discloses only that information which is necessary to perform the function of the job.