Registered Nurse RN Trauma Medical Unit Night Shift
Wesley Medical Center is currently looking for Registered Nurse Professionals to work in their Trauma Medical Unit. If you are a RN looking to grow in your career, let one of HCAs top rated Level 1 Trauma Centers be your employer of choice!
Wesley Medical Center is verified by the American College of Surgeons Committee on trauma (ACS-COT) as a Level I Trauma Center. This level of verification is highest level of verification a trauma center can obtain. Trauma patients are brought to our world-class facilities by ground and air ambulances from across Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Our highly trained and experienced trauma surgeons are in-house 24 hours a day, seven days a week. When Wichita locals have a medical emergency, they choose Wesley emergency rooms.
One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high-quality medical services Wesley offers. It includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley Medical Center. Wesley Medical Center is an acute-care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommend care, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies - more than any hospital in a 13 state region. Wesley provides the most extensive emergency network in Wichita with the Wesley ER, Wesley West ER, Wesley Derby ER and Wesley Woodlawn ER.
- Delivers patient-centered nursing care in accordance with standards of care defined by Wesley Medical Center
- Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice by participation in quality of care activities to initiate, implement, and sustain process improvements
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge in nursing practice and education
- Monitors the patient's progress toward the attainment of outcomes
- Contributes to the professional development of peers, colleagues and others
- Collaborates with the patient, significant others and health care providers in providing and advocating for patient care
- Considers safety and cost effectiveness when delivering patient care
- Decisions and actions on behalf of patients are determined in an ethical manner
- Participates in the improvement of operational functions of the department
- Establishes and maintains effective and respectful communication in development of all collaborative relationships
- Evaluates and participates in opportunities for outstanding service to all customers and accepts responsibility in partnership that is equally respectful to everyone
- Demonstrates the ability to apply knowledge of age-appropriate competencies to department specific population
- Ability to utilize critical thinking and problem solving skills to identify, interpret, and access appropriate resources in patient specific scenario(s)
- Secures, administers and handles medication according to established guidelines