Licensed Practical Nurse
The Licensed Practical Nurse works under the direction of an RN and reports to the nurse manager or assistant nurse manager/RN supervisor as assigned. The LPN is responsible for providing prescribed treatments, observing, recording and reporting changes in the patient's condition, as well as assisting in the development and revision of the patient-driven holistic care plan for life. The LPN is a member of the larger Team. The LPN requires a general review of their work by an RN for appropriateness and conformity with license, policies and procedures. The LPN demonstrates active collaboration and communication with Teamlet (Patient, Primary Care Provider, RN Care Manager and Clinical Support Technician) and Larger Team (family/caregiver, internal and community based services and disciplines involved in providing care to the patient).
Work Schedule: To be determined by supervisor
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Education: Graduate of a school of practical or vocational nursing approved by the appropriate state agency and/or accredited by the National league for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) at the time the program was completed
- Licensure: Full, active, current and unrestricted licensure as a licensed practical or vocational nurse in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or District of Columbia.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical and urinalysis drug screen
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
-GS-05: 1 year of well rounded LPN/LVN experience
-GS-06: 2 years of well rounded LPN/LVN experience
References: VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G13.
The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-06. The actual grade at which an applicant may be selected for this vacancy is in the range of GS-05 to GS-06. Promotion to the higher grade is not guaranteed.Physical Requirements: The physical requirements for this position are in accordance with HRML No. 05-12-02, Employment of People with Disabilities, Including Under Schedule A, 5 CFR 213.3102(u).
Some of the physical requirements for this position include:
Heavy lifting, 45 pounds and over
Heavy carrying, 45 pounds and over
Pushing (1 hour)
Use of fingers
Both hands required
Walking (3 hours)
Standing (3 hours)
Repeated bending (1/2 hour)
Both legs required
Ability for rapid mental and muscular co-ordination simultaneously
Near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4
Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other
Ability to distinguish shades of colors
Hearing (aid permitted)
Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Cover Letter
- Other Veterans Document