Registered Nurse - Chief of Primary Care
7 days left
- Full Time
The Bay Pines VA Healthcare System is actively recruiting for an experienced Chief of Primary Care (Administrative Registered Nurse - IV), at the C.W. Bill Young VA Medical Center. The Chief Nurse for Primary Care is responsible to the Associate Director for Patient Care Services (ADPCS) for establishing, maintaining, and providing oversight to the Primary Care Service within the Bay VA Healthcare System. The incumbent provides guidance for effective implementation of initiatives in all programmatic settings within the BPVAHCS. The incumbent provides leadership and motivation while supporting clinical programs including; promote evidence-based patient centered practice and care based on professional standards that are effective, efficient, compassionate, use standards of ethics, and professional practice to ensure regulatory and statutory compliance with accrediting agencies.
The Chief Nurse for Primary Care has substantial and continuing responsibility for planning, organizing and directing the care of our Veteran population group within Primary Care/ Patient Aligned Care Teams, Women Health, Medical Specialty Clinics, Surgical Specialty Clinics, Community Based Outpatient Clinics, Home Telehealth and the Emergency Department. Furthermore, the Administrative nurse has a superior degree of professional accountability including the ability to perform successfully in leadership roles, exemplary management, delegation, communication, and teamwork skills. The administrative nurse has an exceptional ability to interact with groups from diverse backgrounds and experience as well as the ability to guide personnel toward established goals.
Work Schedule: Administrative Hours (Monday - Friday 8:00am- 4:30pm) with 24 hour area responsibility.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
- Nurse IV - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 4-5 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or related field and appropriate basic or advanced certification desired, and approximately 3-4 years of nursing practice/experience.
Heavy Lifting, 45 pounds and over
Straight pulling 8 hrs
Pushing 8 hrs
Reaching above shoulder
Use of fingers
Both Hands required
Walking 8 hrs
Standing 8 hrs
Repeated bending 8 hrs
Both legs required
Near vision correctable at 13" to 16"
Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20
Hearing (aid permitted)
Solvents (degreasing agents)
Working with hands in water
Working closely with other
Protracted or irregular hours of work
Selected applicants may be required to complete an online onboarding process.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Resume or CV. (Required)
- VA Form 10-2850a - Application for Nurses and Nurse Anesthetists can be found at: http://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp?FormNo=2850&tkey=&Action=Search. (Required)
If prior military service, your DD Form 214 (Member 4 Copy), and VA Letter. Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must include VA Letter. (If Applicable)
Optional Form 306 - Declaration for Federal Employment. (Optional)
Copy of RN License
Copy of Transcripts/Degree Certificate (Unofficial)
Please Note: Application package MUST contain:
- Resume or CV.
- Application for Nurses & Nurse Anesthetists VA Form 10-2850a.
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50;s, etc.
- Cover Letter
- Other Veterans Document