Registered Nurse, Associate Chief Nurse Ambulatory Care (Temple)
7 days left
- Full Time
Associate Chief Nurse (ACNS), Ambulatory Care (Temple) provides clinical and executive leadership and oversight for outpatient nursing practice and case management. This includes clinical and administrative responsibility for all Primary Care Clinics/Patient Aligned Care Teams (PACT), Women's Health Clinic, and Nursing Contact Center across the Central Texas Veterans Health Care System at the Temple, Waco, Brownwood and Palestine campuses. Establishes and promotes productive, mutually-supportive, working relationships with the Deputy Nurse Executive, facility leadership, other administrative and professional staff and internal and external customers assuring optimal quality of care delivery, productivity/efficiency, clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction. In collaboration with the Associate Chief of Staff for Ambulatory Care, Medicine, Mental Health and Surgery, designs and implements interdisciplinary programs within the service and medical center. Has oversight for business operations ICB (Insurance Capture Buffer) at the Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs). In order to maintain the highest possible quality of care, the applicant is expected to be proficient in combining the operations of multiple health systems, delivering technically sound clinical practice, monitoring quality, promoting nursing infrastructure that supports growth and development, and management of complex outpatient clinical settings. As a member of the service leadership team, applicant will be routinely involved in decisions that impact the budget, staffing, and labor negotiations. Responsible for systems redesign and policy development. Responsible for assessing and recommending the allocation of human and material resources, in determining staffing levels using staffing models, managing overtime, and in the recruitment and retention of nursing staff. Ensures competency assessment is completed on each nursing employee annually. Reviews EPRP, SAIL, IPEC, PACT Compass Data, PCMM Data, Missed Opportunity Rates and other identified Performance Measures for trends and early intervention; formulates follow-up plans with the Nurse Managers, the service, and the medical center. Reports directly to the Deputy Nurse Executive and covers in his/her absence.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
- Nurse IV - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 4-5 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or related field and appropriate basic or advanced certification desired, and approximately 3-4 year's of nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse V - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN (or a Bachelor's degree in a related field) and approximately 5-6 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree (preferred) in nursing or related field and appropriate basic or advanced certification desired, and approximately 4-5 year's of nursing practice/experience.
Preferred Experience: Proven record of excellence in Nursing Leadership Positions .
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.Physical Requirements: This position requires potentially long periods of continued walking, standing, stooping, sitting, bending, pulling and pushing. Transferring patients and objects may be required. The incumbent may be exposed to infected patients and contaminated materials and may be required to don protective clothing in isolation situations or operative/invasive procedures. The incumbent may occasionally be exposed to patients who are combative secondary to delirium, dementia, or psychiatric disorders. The incumbent must be a mature, flexible, sensible individual capable of working effectively in stressful situations, able to shift priorities based on patient needs.
Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
*VA Form 10-2850a Application for Nurse and Nurse Anesthetists ): http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850a-091998-fill.pdf ) is required to be considered for this position. Please complete the form in its entirety. If you answer "YES" to questions 30 through 38, please attach a separate sheet of paper with a brief explanation for each question to which you answered "Yes". Information must be current and not older than a year. Outdated and/or incomplete applications will be ineligible for consideration.
*Resume: Your resume must include the following information for each job that you list:Job title; Complete Work Place Addresses ; Duties (be as detailed as possible); Month and year start/end dates (e.g. June 2007 to April 2008); Full-time, part-time status, PRN (include hours worked per week).
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:
*Other Veterans Document