*********************THIS POSITION IS LOCATED AT THE WEST ROXBURY CAMPUS
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00 am-4:30 pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Grow your career by joining the highly collaborative Infection Prevention (IP) Team at the Boston VA Healthcare System! The Boston VA Health Care System has one vacancy for a full-time Registered Nurse in the Infection Prevention Section for a Multi Drug-resistant Organism (MDRO) Coordinator.The IP/MDRO position will work Monday through Friday covering all three campuses and five CBOCs. The position is full-time; Monday-Friday, primarily administrative hours.
The following is a brief description of some of the duties: `
Manages all aspects of the MDRO Prevention Initiative Program.
Functions as a consultant, educator, role model, researcher and change agent and collaborates daily within all facets of healthcare in the medical center and the community.
Responsible for collecting and analyzing MDRO rates and reporting that data to key stakeholders.
Ensures the practices of healthcare employees, visitors, and students are consistent with internal and external MDRO infection prevention standards.
Collaborates with the infection control practitioner and multidisciplinary teams to evaluate the environment of patients and related areas and patient care equipment and products to ensure they meet standards.
Participates on service, medical center committees and tasks forces, and VISN committees and to improve patient care outcomes and safety.
Expertise with multiple databases to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint and IPEC.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree.
1. Lifting up to 45 lbs. (intermittently)
2. Carrying up to 45 lbs. (intermittently)
3. Repeated bending
4. Straight Pulling up to 45 lbs.(intermittently)
5. Straight Pushing up to 45 lbs. (intermittently)
6. Stooping (intermittently)
7. Squatting (intermittently)
8. Kneeling (occasionally)
9. Use of both arms
10. Use of both hands
11. Use of fingers
12. Overhead work; both arms (intermittently)
13. Prolonged walking (up to 4 hrs./day)
14. Prolonged standing (up to 4 hrs./day)
15. Sitting (up to 2 hrs./day)
16. Far Vision - correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other
17. Near Vision - correctable to read newsprint at 13 - 16 inches
18. Ability to distinguish shades of colors
19. Hearing - ability to hear and understand the spoken voice from a distance of 8 feet. Ability to effectively utilize a stethoscope and distinguish breath and heart, and bowel sounds
20. Emotional and mental stability - ability to effectively perform the essential functions of the position and respond appropriately in emergency situations.
The Department of Veteran Affairs must provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate.
Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
- Other Veterans Document