Nurse (Chief QSV)
The Chief Quality, Safety and Value (QSV) provides program oversight, coordination and leadership in administering an integrated Enterprise Framework for Quality, Safety and Value throughout the facility and Community-Based Outpatient Clinics. The work requires leadership across service lines and disciplines as the work of Quality, Safety and Value Programs span the entire spectrum of the work of the facility. The Chief QSV has the overall leadership role for an integrated team and ensures uniform discharge of key functions according to VHA Policies and external standards which are aligned with the Enterprise Framework for Quality, Safety and Value and the Blue Print for Excellence. These key functions supervised by the Chief QSV are internal and external reviews, internal controls, system redesign, risk management, performance measurement and evaluation, external peer review, and infection control. Collaboration and partnership with the Chief of Staff, all clinical and administrative service chiefs, and program managers external to the QSV office that contribute to the Enterprise Framework for Quality, Safety and Value (i.e. utilization management, customer service, credentialing and privileging, environment of care safety and patient safety). Major duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for planning, designing, integrating, implementing and modifying the Program to evaluate and continuously improve the quality, safety and reliability of services to the Veterans it serves.
- Accountable to assure continued readiness, clinical appropriateness of care, and aggregated data collection, analysis, and improvement for key functions.
- Executes the Veteran's Health Administration (VHA) Enterprise Framework for Quality, Safety and Value.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate and partner with clinical and administrative Leadership staff and Network Counterparts.
- Knowledgeable of VHA data bases that support quality and safety.
- Experience in leading teams and supervisory experience.Identifies and facilitates the implementation of evidence-based practices.
- Knowledgeable of internal and external survey procedures and VHA related policies and directives.
Financial Disclosure Report: This position is not required to file a Financial Disclosure Report. (Basic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
- Nurse IV - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 4-5 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or related field and appropriate basic or advanced certification desired, and approximately 3-4 years of nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse V - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN (or a Bachelor's degree in a related field) and approximately 5-6 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree (preferred) in nursing or related field and appropriate basic or advanced certification desired, and approximately 4-5 years of nursing practice/experience.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50;s, etc.