6 days left
- Full Time
This position is a permanent full time position located at the Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) in Benton Harbor under the Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Battle Creek, MI.
The Registered Nurse (RN) in this position is align under the Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT). As a core member of this team she/he uses the nursing process and evidence-based practice to guide and facilitate collaboration among Core Team members including the Patient, Primary Care Provider, LPN and Clerk as well as Expanded Team Members (family/caregiver, internal and community-based services involved in providing care to the patient) in developing the patient-driven holistic care plan for life. Primary responsibilities of the RN Care Manager are Care Management and Care Coordination across the continuum to facilitate effective and timely Veteran Centered care and transitions.
Work Schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. However, may need to work unscheduled or extended hours to meet the needs of the Veterans, the CBOC and/or the Medical Center.
The incumbent in this position will not be required to file a financial disclosure report.
Functional Statement Title/#: RN for PACT
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree.
Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
A complete Application Package will include the following:
1. CV or Resume
2. VA Form 10-2850a - Application for Nurse and Nurse Anesthetist - Completed within the last 90 days(Available at http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850a-091998-fill.pdf)
3. VA Form 306 - Declaration for Federal Employment - Completed within the last 90 days (Available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf).
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
- VA Form 10-2850a