As a Nurse Consultant, you will:
- Manage, evaluate, and oversee of clinical and operational activities that are part of broad national VHA medical center programs supported by VA Office of the Medical Inspector
- Assist the project leader in a broad range of Quality Management (QM) and health care program inspections and evaluations.
- Plan, coordinate, and/or conduct extensive pre-inspection clinical research, and provide appropriate guidance to non-clinical team members where such is needed.
- Plan and schedule project briefings and training sessions for all project participants.
- Independently inspect/evaluate sensitive QM/clinical program issues that concern the IG, the Secretary or Deputy Secretary, or Congress.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Registration Requirement: Applicants must have active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Education requirement: Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
Specialized experience: For the GS-13, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to GS-12 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Experience providing clinical healthcare services requiring interpretation of various medical regulation and directives; AND
- Experience conducting healthcare audits, inspections, or program evaluations. AND
- Experience Identifying quality care issues and make recommendations in accordance with medical and nursing guidelines and regulations.
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your r?Å sum?Å .A complete application includes 1. A rÃ©sumÃ©, 2. Vacancy question responses, and 3. Submission of any required documents. Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, you may not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible).
All applicants are required to submit a rÃ©sumÃ© either by creating one in USAJOBS or uploading one of their own choosing. (Cover letters are optional.) To receive full credit for relevant experience, please list the month/date/year and number of hours worked for experience listed on your rÃ©sumÃ©. We suggest that you preview the online questions, as you may need to customize your rÃ©sumÃ© to ensure that it supports your responses to these questions. Please view rÃ©sumÃ© tips.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE DOCUMENTATION: Veteran's preference does not apply to announcements posted under Direct Hire Authority; however, you are encouraged to provide your documentation. Please see applicant guide for required documentation.
CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN (CTAP) OR INTERAGENCY CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN (ICTAP) DOCUMENTATION: If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee, click CTAP/ICTAP for eligibility and a detailed list of required documents.
EDUCATION DOCUMENTATION: For positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying for this position by substituting education or training for experience, submit a copy of your transcripts or equivalent. An official transcript will be required if you are selected.
A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to Department of Education Accreditation page. If you are qualifying based on foreign education, you must submit proof of creditability of education as evaluated by a credentialing agency. Refer to the OPM instructions.