RN Care Coordinator
6 days left
- Full Time
The Specialty Care Clinics are the access point for referral specialty care at the Central California VACCHS. The Specialty Care Clinics are committed to the deliver of efficient, cost-effective and quality patient care. The Specialty Care Clinics serve the eligible adult and geriatric veteran population through a variety of specialized outpatient clinic settings, including Agent Orange Clinic, Arthritis Clinic, Cardiology Clinic, Cardio-Thoracic Clinic, Chest/Pulmonary Clinic, Dermatology Clinic, Diabetes Education, Ears, Nose and Throat Clinic, Eye Clinic, Gastroenterology Clinic, General Surgery Clinic, Plastics Surgery Clinic, Liver Clinic, Metabolic/Endocrine Clinic, Podiatry Clinic, Renal Clinic, Spinal Cord Injury Clinic, Traumatic Brain Injury Clinic, Urology Clinic, Vascular Clinic, and Wound Care Clinic.
The Specialty Care Clinic Registered Nurse utilizes critical thinking skills and the process to provide the highest level of nursing care for eligible veterans seeking Specialty Care in the Ambulatory Care setting.l Nursing services provided in the Specialty Care Clinics include telephone advice; assessment of scheduled and non-scheduled patient's problems for acuity and appropriate referral; coordination of care with other VA facilities and the patient's primary care provider; patient and family education; dressing changes and wound care follow-up; assessment of effectiveness of prescribed medications and medication compliance; on-going patient assessment and follow-up care per provider orders; and psychosocial support.
Work Schedule: M-F 0800-1630
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
- Must be proficient in spoken and written English as required by 38 U.S.C. 7402(d) and 7407(d).
- BSN RN with 2-3 years experience in cardiology outpatient clinic or cardiac cath lab and/or ICU.
- ANCC Certification in Ambulatory Care Nursing.
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree.
Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
Resume or CV
Copy of unofficial transcripts
All required licensure and certification for this position
VA Form 10-2850a - Application for Nurses and Nurse Anesthetists can be found at: http://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp?FormNo=2850&tkey=&Action=Search.
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
- VA Application Form 10-2850a