Registered Nurse (Special Needs Chronic Mental Illness Program (SN-CMI)
The Northeast Ohio VA Healthcare System is recruiting for a Registered Nurse (RN). The Registered Nurse will function as an intensive case manager for the Special Needs Chronic Mental Illness Program (SN-CMI) within the Comprehensive Homeless Center. The Registered Nurse duties include:
- Interviewing clients and conducting psychosocial assessments.
- Making psychosocial and nursing diagnoses.
- Planning effective treatment by coordinating with an interdisciplinary team and incorporating goals for psychosocial clinical treatment and working with community agencies.
- Implementing treatment plans and ensuring Veterans receive individual and group counseling, assisting and encouraging Veterans and significant others facing problems and arriving at plans for using resources for resolution.
- Organizing community services on behalf of beneficiaries.
- Evaluating goals and adjusting treatment plans.
- Collecting data, administering record keeping and monitoring patient or program clinical indicators, thresholds and performance measures.
- Performing site inspections for Veterans in permanent housing to ensure safe residential environment.
- Participating in outreach activities, including field interviews, assessments and referrals for homeless Veterans contacted in the community and shelters and those referred.
- Providing referral to VA medical and mental Health inpatient and outpatient treatment and to other VA services.
Position Number: 83500-0
Financial Disclosure Report: Not RequiredBasic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6)
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
- Experience working in the community
- Experience working with individuals with complex health, mental health and/or substance and/or dependence abuse issues
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree.
Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- CV or Resume (when listing previous employment please include month and year, please also include educational program and year degree(s) completed).
- If prior military service, include all copies of your DD-214 or proof of service as well as proof of disability, if applicable.
- Cover Letter