RN Clinician 2 - Operating Room
7 days left
- Contract Type
RN Clinician 2 - Operating Room
Capable clinician, focused on expanding knowledge and skills. Consistently provides effective direct care, as part of the interdisciplinary team, to a variety of complex patients. Seeks as well as provides feedback for improved clinical practice. Assumes a beginning leadership role but seeks mentoring in this process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesses the physical, psychological, social and cultural dimensions of patients according to professional practice standards, departmental and institutional policy/procedure at the Clinician 2 level.
- Organizes and prioritizes nursing care activities considering the needs of the patient at the Clinician 2 level.
- Implements patient population specific interventions based on individual patient needs at the Clinician 2 level.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care progressing patient towards desired outcomes at the Clinician 2 level.
- Develops and implements patient/caregiver teaching plan based on identified health education needs and the condition and age of the patient at the Clinician 2 level.
- Provides for a safe environment and safe delivery of care.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development of self and contributes to and assists with the professional development of others at the Clinician 2 level.
- Demonstrates leadership in the delivery of patient care at the Clinician 2 level.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program required. Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing Degree preferred.
- Experience:1 year of relevant experience.
- License/Certification: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
When RN Clinician 2-OR has no previous OR experience, he/she must successfully complete and pass final examination of the AORN Periop 101 Core Curriculum program within six months of hire.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
This position qualifies for the UVA Medical Center Clinical Ladder. The salary range reflected in this job posting is for an RN Clinician 2. Additional compensation is available if you are hired into a higher level on the Clinical Ladder. Those hired as either a Clinician 3 or Clinician 4 must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree and possess a specialty certification from a national certifying organization and meet applicable Career Ladder Behaviors. Placement on the clinical ladder will be discussed during the recruitment process.
National healthcare publication Becker’s Hospital Review recently honored University of Virginia Medical Center on its list of 100 hospitals and health systems with great neurosurgery and spine programs.
“This award from Becker’s Hospital Review highlights the combined efforts of our neurosurgery and orthopedic spine teams to provide excellent, patient-centered care to serve those in need from across Virginia and beyond,” said Pamela Sutton-Wallace, Medical Center CEO.
“The organizations featured on this year’s list have extensive neuroscience and spine programs, providing treatment and cutting-edge research into neurosurgical disorders,” according to the publication’s staff. “Many hospitals and health systems featured have earned top honors for medical excellence, outcomes and patient experience in their spine and brain surgery departments.”
Becker’s highlighted that UVA is a Blue Distinction Center+ for spine surgery from insurer BlueCross BlueShield, which means UVA meets quality measures for patient safety and outcomes as well as meeting cost measures for affordability for the more than 1,500 spine procedures performed each year. Becker’s also noted UVA’s research into treatments for glioblastoma, efforts to advance brain and spinal cord injury treatment as well as its multidisciplinary care for patients who suffer traumatic brain injuries.
“I am proud of our team’s commitment to providing the highest-quality, specialized care to serve patients with brain and spine conditions,” said Mark Shaffrey, MD, chair of UVA’s Department of Neurosurgery.
“This award highlights our team’s hard work to provide the best outcomes for our patients with spinal conditions,” said Francis Shen, MD, division head of orthopedic spine surgery.
Pay Range: $25.80 - $42.70
Primary Location: Charlottesville
Job: Registered Nurse
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.