Patient Care Tech 3N Med/Surg Full Time Days
Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center
is a 218-bed acute-care hospital located in Panama City, FL. Its 460-member medical staff and more than 1,000 employees work hard to ensure its patients receive the highest quality of care every day. Their efforts have resulted in national accreditations for Chest Pain Center, Total Joint Replacement, Peripheral Vascular Disease, Spine, Stroke and Wound Care. The hospital was named a Top 100 Hospital by Truven Health Analytics and was awarded an "A" rating by The Leapfrog Group for four consecutive years. The hospital includes a 42-bed critical care wing, which includes a 20-bed adult-level Intensive Care Unit and the region's only four-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and 18-bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
The PCT provides quality care to patients under the direction of a licensed nurse and performs clerical and receptionist duties.
- Participate in the unit based Quality Improvement process.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of basic patient care, to include activities of daily living, vital signs and intake and output.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patient rights to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
- Organizes and communicates patient care activities to the patient and to the Registered Nurse.
- Monitors and documents information regarding patient activities, as directed by the Registered Nurse.
- Completes, executes and performs secretarial tasks such as, Order Entry, filing and organizing patient charts and medication orders.
- Communicates, interacts and participates in team work on the unit.
- Demonstrates an understanding of patients charts, physician orders and nursing orders.
- Promotes and displays a positive customer oriented demeanor to patients, visitors, staff and physicians.
- Demonstrates an understanding and is proficient in the use of a computer and office equipment.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the notification reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patients care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
- May have access to the medication room or designated areas to transport, assemble, and stock (inventory) of non scheduled drugs and biologicals to include but not limited to fluids, sterile water, normal saline, and irrigations.
- Other duties as assigned.