Registered Nurse (HBPC)
4 days left
- Full Time
The Staff RN Nurse in Home Based Primary Care (HBPC) will be assigned to the HBPC Program under the Geriatrics and Extended Care Service Line. The HBPC staff RN will report directly to the Program Director/Nurse Manager in HBPC. Some of the duties include;
1. Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates patient care delivery system in the home setting.
2. Utilizes assessment findings from all involved disciplines in formulating a plan of care. Contributes data to assessment by other disciplines.
3. Prioritizes problems.
4. Reports significant changes to provider.
5. Identifies specific patient goals and develops treatment plan within 30 days of admission; ensures collaboration with other HBPC members.
6. Evaluates patient's progress toward achieving goals changes occur and every 90 days.
7. Collaborates with professional peers, members of the interdisciplinary team, and the providers of the patient programs/services and community resources in meeting patient care needs.
8. Provides psychosocial support to patients/family/caregivers through telephone care, direct patient care, or referral to appropriate support services and works with Interdisciplinary Team to assist patient.
9. Documents care provided in medical record accurately and per MCPs and HBPC policies.
10. Incorporates age-specific appropriate concepts into nursing process and patient education.
11. Accepts adults' chosen life-styles and assists with necessary adjustments relating to health. Recognizes adults' values and function of independence and ability to be self-sustaining in life. Supports change as necessary for health.
12. Assists patients to plan for anticipated changes in life, to recognize the risk factors related to health, and to focus on strengths rather than weaknesses.
13. Assists patients to keep physically and socially active and to maintain peer group interactions.
14. Assists patients to cope with loss, e.g., hearing, eyesight, death of loved one.
15. Assists patients with self-care as required, and with maintaining as much independence as possible.
17. Elicits interdisciplinary team members to assist as needed and to ensure all aspects of care addressed.
18. Assesses learning needs, develops plan for providing education with patients/significant others, and provides/supervises education to patient and significant others.
19. Evaluates effectiveness, level of understanding and of education
20. Effectively manages a caseload of 25-35 patients providing nursing care in the home care setting.
21. Efficiently schedules and complete home visits in a timely manner.
22. Able to work collaboratively with ?an interdisciplinary team
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday - Work schedule initially may be 0730 - 4pm or 0800- 4:30, with flexibility with schedule after functioning successfully in role.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree.
Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- 10-2850a, Application for Nurse and Nurse Anesthetists
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
- Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs)
- 10-2850a, Application for Nurse and Nurse Anesthetists
- Other Veterans Document