Registered Nurse - 5A Surgery
The Northeast Ohio VA Healthcare System is recruiting for two (2) Registered Nurses (RN). The Registered Nurse will function in 5A, Surgery within Acute Care Nursing Service. The Registered Nurse duties include:
- Providing direct patient care to include admissions, discharges, transfers, assessments, IV's, PCA's, dressing changes, tracheas and chest tubes.
- Providing a safe and supportive environment for patients, staff, and others.
- Using and directing others to use equipment safely and appropriately.
- Incorporating age, gender, cultural and learning needs of patients and families requiring complex care planning and evaluation.
- Applying and directing others to apply infection control measures appropriately in delivering care.
- Identifying and analyzing problems which effect/impede patient care and initiating their resolution.
- Participating in coordinating patient care and collaborating with other disciplines/departments to achieve patient care outcomes.
- Adhering to ethical principles nd nursing standards in delivering care.
- Serving as a resource and guide to patients, families and other staff in providing patient care.
- Using effective communication skills with individuals and groups to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Performing specialized treatments for patients as appropriate and applying and maintaining appropriate competencies to do so.
Day Shift hours: 7:30 am - 4:00 pm; Night Shift hours: 11:30 pm - 8:00 am
Financial Disclosure Report: Not RequiredBasic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6)
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
- 1 year of recent RN experience in an acute care clinical setting
- Valid BLS
- EKG interpretation
- Certified Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse (CMSRN)
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree.
Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- CV or Resume (when listing previous employment please include month and year).
- If prior military service, include all copies of your DD-214 or proof of service as well as proof of disability, if applicable.