Registered Nurse (RN) - 12 Hour Shifts
We are looking for enthusiastic and hard-working Registered Nurses to work in the medical department at the Niagara County Jail located in Lockport, NY. In this role, the RN will monitor and evaluate nursing care in accordance with PrimeCare Medical (PCM) philosophy, goals and objectives. This position will directly report to the Medical Director or other mid-level practitioner.
The Registered Nurse will primarily be responsible for ensuring that the nursing practice complies with established nursing standards. In addition, the Registered Nurse will also assess and provide comprehensive treatment care while observing and maintaining security requirements. Other responsibilities will include:
- Functioning as Charge Nurse in the absence of Health Services Administrator/Designee
- Using factual data and sound independent judgment in meeting the responsibilities and performing the duties of a staff nurse
- Ensuring compliance with established standards of PCM
- Ensuring that the proper flow of relevant information (inmate/patient information, unit problems) is disseminated to appropriate personnel
- Monitoring treatment services to avoid the inappropriate use and/or duplication of services Advising Health Services Administrator and Nurse Supervisor if these situations arise
- Monitoring and recommending methods to improve operational efficiency and cost containment effectiveness
- Monitoring physical safety requirements for inmate/patients and staff to ensure a safe working environment
- Assisting Health Services Administrator or Nurse Supervisor to coordinate and/or conduct monthly health care staff meetings, as assigned
- Providing other services and performs other duties as assigned by Nurse Supervisor, Health Services Administrator, head nurse, or corporate staff
- Maintaining accurate records of all controlled substances, narcotics, and sharps in accordance with applicable state and federal laws
- Providing health counseling to inmates/patients
- Conducting sick call for inmate/patients and provide provisional diagnosis and treatment for selected minor illnesses and injuries defined by written protocol and approved by PCM Director
- Observing, reporting, and documenting symptoms, reactions and progress of inmate/patients and participates in the formulation of the plan of nursing care
- Implementing treatment care plans which promote maintain and restore the well-being of inmate/patients
- At a minimum of every shift, at the beginning of the shift, taking vital signs, doing a complete assessment and documenting findings on dispensary care of all inmates/patients housed in the medical unit and/or mental health unit
This position provides a 2 week orientation period where you will be training on-the-job and shadowing with the nursing staff.
Registered Nurse - RN - Correctional Healthcare
The Registered Nurse is a fast paced position, and as such we must have someone who has the ability to multi-task and has a good grasp of patient assessment skills. In addition, the Registered Nurse must be licensed to practice nursing in the state in which the facility is located.Other requirements for the Registered Nurse include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited school, preferred.
- Clinical decision-making ability is required and critical to have
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to function independently and demonstrating clinical competency
- Ability to gain trust of patients and build a working relationship
- Previous education and experience may be substituted in many cases.
- Experience in health care delivery system, a plus
PrimeCare believes in offering a competitive compensation and benefits package to their employees. Standard benefits for full-time employees include medical, dental and life insurance.
Correctional nursing provides a challenging and exciting world of opportunities for nurses today. In correctional healthcare, nurses are provided the opportunity to apply their hands-on assessment and clinical nursing skills on a day-to-day basis.Correctional healthcare is similar to working in an emergency room or a clinic. Each day is both challenging and rewarding in Correctional Healthcare. Nurses are involved in healthcare emergencies, physical health assessments, initial screenings, medication distribution, nurse sick call, and chronic care clinics. Nurses will also provide assistance to physicians, psychiatrists and dentists.PrimeCare Medical is dedicated to its employees. PrimeCare Medical will provide the knowledge and training to administer premier healthcare in the correctional environment.
N ow is the time to join the exciting and challenging world of correctional healthcare!
Apply for Registered Nurse (RN) - 12 Hour Shifts
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly