Patient Care Tech PRN - Antepartum
We're a 340-bed community hospital with the latest in advanced technology, a combination that enables us to deliver exceptional results. As part of our full range of healthcare services, we specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health—including high-risk pregnancies, maternity and neonatal intensive care—orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants—through the Virginia Transplant Center—and we lead the state in minimally invasive procedures, having performed more da Vinci® robotic-assisted surgeries than any other facility in Virginia. All HCA Virginia hospitals are Certified Primary Stroke Care Centers, designated by The Joint Commission, which recognizes our exceptional efforts to create better outcomes for potential stroke and heart attack patients. They also are accredited Chest Pain Centers by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Working under the supervision of a RN, the Patient Care Tech performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients.
The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
• Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
• Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
• Ability to float to all units within the hospital where a need is presented.
• Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
• Assists patients in ambulating.
• Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
• Performs non sterile dressing changes.
• Passes and collects bed pans.
• Changes bed linens.
• Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
• Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
• Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
• Orients and mentors new staff members.
• Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
• Functions in an organized and time conscious manner.
• Presents self in a professional manner.
• Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers. Documents required information according to hospital policy.
• Answers telephones, maintains supplies, works on projects, including computer based projects, to support the department.
• Other duties as assigned to support the department.