Virtual Sitter - Full Time Days
North Suburban Medical Center in Thornton, Colorado. Just 10 minutes north of Denver. North Suburban Medical Center has established a reputation as a facility responsive to patient and community expectations. Our mission, vision, and values were developed as guides so that we continuously understand and respond to our patient and community expectations. We are committed to Patient Safety. Our Mission: To Serve. To Heal. To Care. Our Values: North Suburbans core values are designed to guide our organization in its commitment to serve, to heal and to care for you. We believe safety and quality of care are the keystones of our work. We treat each other and our patients with compassion and respect. We are honest and ethical in all we say and do. We demonstrate our commitment to excellence by persistently exploring growth and improvement opportunities. We exceed the expectations of our patients, families and the community. We accomplish our mission and vision through collaboration and teamwork. Our team of physicians, nurses, therapists, technologists, pharmacists, residents, dietitians, and support staff is dedicated to ensuring you receive the highest standard of patient care and comfort during your stay. Although many of the staff will not have the privilege of meeting you directly, they are working together to speed your recovery.
The Nurse Assistant, Certified - Patient Care Tech in the Float Pool will work under the supervision of a nurse and perform various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Baths, dressing/undressing patients, assisting with personal hygiene.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Transports, positions, and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights, and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support, and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required