5 days left
- Full Time
Join a team that CARES for you so you can CARE for those who NEED YOU THE MOST!
Stella Maris offers an excellent benefit package that includes generous paid time off, paid holidays,
competitive healthcare benefits, 401K and tuition reimbursement. Free on-site training and CEU's offered year-round!
We provide work life balance and a free EAP program so the caregiver is cared for too!
JOB SUMMARY: To obtain and coordinate resident assessment data collection for Medicare reimbursement.
- Uses clinical assessment skills and chart review to accurately identify resident status. Identifies clinical changes and assures appropriate MDS assessment is performed. Reviews data gathered during pre-admission process for MDS applicability.
- In coordination with the rehab representative, maintains resident assessment schedule in accordance with regulatory standards. Recognizes and utilizes opportunities to maximize RUGS classifications.
- Inputs MDS data accurately and transmits data according to regulatory standards. Maintains accurate records.
- Coordinates with insurance carriers/external agencies to assure that all authorization and clinical update requirements are met. Responds timely and effectively to denial of payment and/or service notification to ensure reimbursement.
- Maintains weekly UR documentation and prepares required Medicare documentation.
- Assists in the maintenance of standards of nursing practice by monitoring care outcomes; actively participates in quality assurance processes.
- Coordinates and monitors adherence to MDS procedural guidelines. Serves as a resource for all other clinicians involved in the MDS assessment process. Assists with and/or provides education and training.
-Manages the care plan process.
-Audits clinical documentation to insure accuracy of the information.
-Trains the GNA on POC and ADL documentation.
RN Required, BSN preferred.
Able to rapidly achieve proficiency with MDS software; familiarity with Microsoft Office applications