Registered Nurse - Sunflower Memory Center
3 days left
- Full Time
The Sunflower Memory Center (6-1D) is a therapeutic residence within our facility where the focus is on "wellness" and success in activities of daily living. Specialized care is provided by trained staff to focus on the unique needs of persons who experience altered cognitive and communication functioning associated with Major Neurocognitive disorders such as Alzheimer's disease. Although the nursing staff is on the unit 24 hours per day, the focus is not medical in nature. The main focus of the neuropsychiatric symptoms of dementia will be driven by non-pharmacological approaches.(i.e. STAR-VA, Dementia capable care).Should a resident's condition warrant more nursing care than can be provided on the specialty unit, they may need to receive that care on another unit within the facility, which will offer the same high quality of care.
The delivery of care is in accordance with established standards, hospital policies and procedures, and is consistent with the plan of other health care providers. The Sunflower Memory Center staff nurse is responsible and accountable for providing direct and indirect care. Duties include documenting observations, assessments, and changes in patient's condition; collaborating with health team members to facilitate positive patient care outcomes; providing a full range of nursing care to patients with a variety of physical and/or behavior problems; and accountable for meeting and maintaining the qualification standards and functional statements of assigned grade. Our facility is seeking individuals who possess good organizational skills which enable completion of work, a demonstrated ability to assume leadership in a patient centered program, and the ability to establish effective communication with patients, families, visitors and members of the interdisciplinary team. Excellent communication and customer service skills are required. This staff nurse is responsible to the Nurse Manager both clinically and administratively.
Work Schedule: Full time, Days with rotation
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.