Registered Nurse (Polytrauma/Spasticity Clinic Care Coordinator)
3 days left
- Full Time
This position is located at the VA Portland Health Care System main campus, Portland, OR and is part of the Physical Medicine Rehabilitative Services (PMRS) within the Rehabilitative Long Term Care. . The incumbent utilizes the nursing and case management processes in their role as the nursing lead of an outpatient rehabilitation medicine team which includes; Physiatrist, Neuropsychologist, Social Worker, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Speech Language Pathologist, and various sub-specialty providers. The Polytrauma/Spasticity Clinic Care Coordinator actively contributes to quality improvement processes and program development as well as, sharing in the development, evaluation and communication of standards and plans of care, and policies and procedures. Specific functions include:
Polytrauma/Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Clinic Coordinator:
- Provide mandated evaluations for returning combat Veterans with rehabilitation needs from combat related brain injury
- Monitor and track all TBI and polytrauma consults to ensure timely access of care per national mandates
- Act as facility RN lead for brain injury questions
- Provide nursing case management and support to brain injured Veterans and their families, completing rehabilitation care plans for active patients, participating in weekly team meetings and communicating nursing needs to the rehabilitation team and participating in monthly national polytrauma and TBI education
- Serves Veterans of all eras with spastic limbs caused by disease and trauma to the central nervous system
- Duties include managing and scheduling consults, maintaining clinic schedule, ordering and receiving neurotoxin and supplies, preparing consents, setting up minor procedure tray, prepping patients, and assisting the MD.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
- BSN OR MSN Preferred.
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree.
Selected applicants may be required to complete an online onboarding process.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
- VA Letter