RN Associate Chief Nurse
5 days left
- Full Time
The Associate Chief Nurse (ACN) for the Care in the Community (CITC) Program for the Marion VA Medical Center executes leadership that is characterized by substantial and continuous responsibility and accountability for population groups or integrated programs that cross service and/or discipline lines, influence organization mission and health care and responsibility for outcomes. This position is responsible to the Associate Director of Patient Care Services (ADPCS). The position is a Registered Nurse who is the clinical and administrative coordinator for all aspects of program management including policies and practice, budgetary and administrative oversight of compliance with VHA Directives. The ACN will oversee the Care in the Community Coordination, Community Health and Home Telehealth programs. The ACN responsibilities include leading, collaborating, integrating, facilitating and evaluating program outcomes for each assigned area. The ACN also ensures program management is consistent with requirements of review organizations and accrediting bodies. The ACN is accountable for substantial participation in the service executive level decision making, i.e., strategic planning, human and fiscal resources management, establishment and continuity of standards; bridges and executes planning and operational implementation and adequate resource support. The ACN represents the service line on designated Medical Center committees and is a member of the leadership team. The ACN uses professional standards of care and practice
to evaluate programs and other services and evaluates clinical practice or health services and participates in the development/evaluation of practice guidelines and assures the performance expectations are supportive of the qualification standards for all nursing staff are communicated and reflected in the appraisals. The ACN analyzes resources available and identifies potential issues/risk areas, including budgetary, staffing, supplies and equipment and availability of data/information and actively participates on nursing or hospital-wide committees that result in significant outcomes and promotes interdisciplinary interaction to identify, analyze and resolve care problems. The ACN functions in an advisory capacity to administration in evaluating proposed changes as they relate to patient care. In addition, the ACN coordinates and provides consultation on issues related to personnel, budget and forecast projections. The ACN participates with leaders from the governing body, management and clerical staff in upholding the hospital mission, vision, values and strategic plan and interacts with the community as needed on behalf of the medical center. This position provides oversight for Registered Nurses (RN's), and administrative support staff. The position coordinates and collaborates with the Physicians (MD's) and Nurse Practitioners (NP's) who are responsible for the review and approval of consult requests perform review and approval or denial of all unauthorized non-VA care claims based on eligibility criteria. The ACN must be a highly motivated Registered Nurse with experience in addressing highly complex system issues, willing to engage in System Redesign efforts and be interested in pursuing a collaborative team framework in addressing issues within the organization.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Additional hours may be required dependent upon patient care/organizational needs.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
- Nurse IV - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 4-5 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or related field and appropriate basic or advanced certification desired, and approximately 3-4 years of nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse V - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN (or a Bachelor's degree in a related field) and approximately 5-6 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree (preferred) in nursing or related field and appropriate basic or advanced certification desired, and approximately 4-5 years of nursing practice/experience.
Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50;s, etc.
- Cover Letter
- Other Veterans Document