Assistant Nurse Manager/ Restorative Care Coordinator - CLC
3 days left
- Full Time
The Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM)/Restorative Care Coordinator is a registered professional nurse who is accountable to the Nurse Manager
(NM). In collaboration with the NM, functions as a supervisor and assumes accountability for the operation of Victory Lane (9C) . This includes the management, supervision, and evaluation of care delivered by assigned staff. The ANM is responsible for contributing to the establishment and implementation of evidence-based nursing standards of practice. In collaboration with the NM, creates a positive work environment which
enhances care delivery and professional development of clinically competent staff. Promotes, creates, demonstrates, and ensures a culturally
diverse workforce in which the values and needs of all individuals are respected. In addition, the ANM possesses the knowledge and skills to:
communicate and interact appropriately and courteously with all internal and external customers maintain confidentiality of electronic, written,
and/or verbal patient/employee information demonstrate working practices that include adherence to infection control standards, patient
safety standards and the safe use and operation of equipment demonstrates ability to lead and direct diverse and dynamic groups of staff in the
delivery of safe and effective patient care; develops and maintains a unit based Restorative Care Program utilizing nursing interventions that
assist or promote the residents' ability to attain and maintain his/her maximum functional potential.
Work Schedule: Primarily, Normal work days/hours will be Monday-Friday: 2PMto 10:30 PM, with the flexibility to work other days/tours to meet unit/program objectives as required.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- For Applicants enrolled in MSN Bridge or Non-traditional courses of study: The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6)
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
* Three years experience working as a RN in a long term care setting preferred
* Two years experience working as a RN on an acute Med/Surg unit preferred
* Charge Nurse Experience preferred
* American Heart Association Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider required.
* Bachelor of Science (BSN) degree in nursing is preferred.
* PRI Certification preferred
* ANCC certification in Geriatric Nursing or Nursing Administration preferred
* Previous leadership experience or completion of a documented leadership training course preferred
* Previous experience as Restorative Care Coordination preferred
Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), etc.
- Cover Letter
- Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs)
- VA 2850
- Other Veterans Document