Grad RN HCA Nurse Residency 2018 (Freestanding Emergency Department)
Come and join our
2018 HCA Nurse Residency Program!
Check out our Freestanding ED!
804-722-1300This team and environment is nurturing and supportive of nurse graduates growth, continued education, and professional development. Our ER provides nurse graduates with the opportunity to learn and do everything that comes through the door, including triage, trauma, peds, etc. We are smaller, so our nurses are trained to react to all situations. I love our culture- we are positive, cohesive, and supportive of each other!
Kristen Woodward, Director
Opened in 2017, our 11,000 square foot ER is available 24-7 to to offer expert care to your entire family. Because were like a traditional hospital ER, we have the capability to treat a range of emergencies, from less complex cases like stitches and broken bones, to more life-threatening emergencies like chest pain and potential stroke.
HCA Nurse Residency Program (Emergency Room)
(17 weeks total):
- The StaRN Program is primarily designed to provide the graduate nurse with the tools necessary to succeed in todays hospital environment.
- It will help the graduate nurse transition out of the classroom setting onto the unit by providing the following training:
- 9 weeks classroom, self-study, skills & simulations
- 8 weeks preceptorship in the ER
- Certification achieved:
ECG, TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, ENPC, TNCC, PALS, CPI
After StaRN, the graduate nurse will transition to our Professional Development Residency
- 9 month program factored into your full time position in the Emergency Room
- Obtain Charge Nurse and Preceptor skills
- Partnered with a mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (4 hours a month)
Additional Information about Our Emergency Room
Opened June 2017 and served 12,000 patients in 2017!
11,000 square feet of newly renovated ER space
Dedicated fast track ER for less serious illness or injury
Designated Trauma Room
Pediatric ready ER with separate pediatric waiting area
Patient population includes STEMI, strokes, chest pain, pediatrics, trauma, etc.
Nurse/patient ratio: 1:4 with tech support
Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center
Chest Pain Accredited Center accredited by Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
A nurse graduate in our Freestanding ER will need to have a positive attitude and be willing to learn and do anything!
Check us out and like us on Facebook!
Cohort Start Dates:
*Apply Today! Limited slots available.*