Grad RN HCA Nurse Residency 2018 (Progressive Neurovascular Care Unit)
Come and join our
2018 HCA Nurse Residency Program!
Happy at Henrico Doctors Hospital:
Henrico Doctors Hospital, a 466-bed acute care facility
, is located in the upbeat, West End area of Richmond, minutes from the historic University of Richmond campus and a short drive from the beautiful outdoor mall, Short Pump Town Center. Henrico Doctors Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, making it a very reputable and secure organization to work with. HCA is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Among other certifications and achievements, Henrico Doctors Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission
and holds a Gold Seal of Approval in stroke, spinal fusion, induction of labor, prematurity, perinatal care, sepsis. Henrico Doctors Hospital is a Level II Trauma
center and considered a top performer by the Joint Commission in areas including heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgery.
HCA Nurse Residency Program (Progressive Neurovascular Care Unit)
(12 weeks total):
- The StaRN Program is primarily designed to provide the graduate nurse with the tools necessary to succeed in todays hospital environment.
- It will help the graduate nurse transition out of the classroom setting onto the unit by providing the following training:
- 5 weeks classroom, self-study, skills & simulations
- 7 weeks preceptorship in the Progressive Neurovascular Care Unit
- Certification achieved:
ECG, TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, CPI
After StaRN, the graduate nurse will transition to our Professional Development Residency
- 9 month program factored into your full time position in the Progressive Neurovascular Care Unit
- Obtain Charge Nurse and Preceptor skills
- Partnered with a mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (4 hours a month)
- Your project could get reviewed by corporate for further recognition
Additional Information about our Progressive Neurovascular Care Unit (PNCU):
24-bed step-down unit
Patient population: stroke, seizures, trauma, etc.
Nurse/patient ratio: 1:4 with tech support
Fast pace environment
Leadership is experienced and supportive of continuing education and helping nurse graduates grow and develop within their career!
A nurse graduate with previous medical and/or customer service experience is more likely to be successful on this unit. This is a very supportive and fostering environment for nurse graduates!
Check us out and like us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/HenricoDoctors/
Cohort Start Dates:
*Apply Today! Limited slots available.*